(HealthDay News) — It’s easy to eat large portions and indulgent dishes during holiday feasts. But you can still enjoy the holidays without stuffing yourself.
The University of California Los Angeles offers these suggestions:
- Focus on friends, family, fun and conversation, instead of food.
- Find out which foods will be available, and plan what you will eat. Bring a healthy dish to share. Include small tastes of your favorite goodies.
- Don’t skip meals. Eat a healthy snack before the big feast so you’re not starving.
- Don’t fill up on appetizers and alcohol. When you feel full after the meal, leave the table.
- Have small portions, and savor each bite by eating slowly.
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.