(HealthDay News) — As you age, it’s important to make sure your body is getting all the nutrients it needs.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Eat plenty of green, leafy vegetables (such as spinach) and orange vegetables (such as sweet potatoes).
- Eat a variety of proteins, including peas, beans and fish.
- Eat whole grain cereals, breads and pasta. Aim for at least a 3 oz. serving per day.
- Enjoy at least three daily servings of vitamin D-fortified dairy products, such as milk, cheese and yogurt.
- Choose healthier monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Eat a balanced variety of foods, and get regular exercise.