(HealthDay News) — Trying to sleep with a cold can be a miserable battle. It may be difficult to breathe, and you’re probably coughing, neither of which make it easy to sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests:
- Run a humidifier or vaporizer while you sleep. Clean and dry it frequently to prevent mold.
- Use a foam wedge or stack several pillows to elevate your head.
- Keep a box of tissues by your bed so you don’t have to get up when it’s time to blow your nose. Tissues with moisturizing lotion can help comfort an irritated nose.
- Before bed, rinse your nose with a saline wash.
- Use nasal strips to help open nasal passages while you sleep.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.