(HealthDay News) — More than
5 million teeth are knocked out every year in children and adults, says the American Association of Endodontists. But knocked out teeth don’t have to be lost for good. Proper emergency action can save the tooth, so it can be replanted.
If your tooth gets knocked out, the association urges you to:
- Pick up the tooth by the crown, not the root.
- If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse it with water.
- Re-position the tooth in the socket immediately, if possible.
- Keep the tooth moist at all times.
- See an endodontist or dentist within 30 minutes of the injury.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.