(HealthDay News) — Measuring weight is key to calculating your body mass index (BMI), says the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To measure weight accurately at home, the CDC recommends:
- Use a digital scale. Avoid scales that are spring-loaded.
- Place the scale on a firm floor, rather than on carpet.
- Remove shoes and heavy clothing.
- Stand with both feet in the center of the scale.
- Record the weight to the nearest decimal fraction.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.