(HealthDay News) — Germs may thrive at the gym, creating a perfect breeding ground for skin infections.
Bacteria, viruses and fungi thrive in warm and moist places, such as the locker room or sweaty gym equipment, the American Academy of Dermatology says.
The academy mentions these preventive tips:
- Wear loose-fitting, moisture-wicking clothing.
- Always wear shoes around the locker room and pools. Keep flip flops in your gym bag to use in a public shower.
- Keep any cuts clean and covered.
- Disinfect equipment before and after using it.
- Wash hands just after working out.
- Shower soon after exercising, and dress in clean clothes.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.