(HealthDay News) — Over-the-counter decongestants can spell relief from a stuffy nose, but it’s important to use them properly to avoid side effects.
The American Academy of Family Physicians advises:
- Read and follow package instructions.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Check with your doctor to make sure an OTC decongestant is safe to take with your other meds.
- Don’t take more than one decongestant at a time.
- Call your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.