(HealthDay News) — Obesity can increase your child’s risk of cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and prediabetes, says Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
With minor changes, you can help your child maintain a healthy weight.
To help your child safely shed pounds, the hospital encourages parents to:
- Reduce or eliminate sweetened beverages, including soda.
- Add more vegetables to family meals.
- Make sure your family is eating a high-fiber diet.
- Make sure your child is getting enough sleep.
- Eat together as a family as often as possible.
- Be a good role model. Enjoy healthy food in front of your child.
- Limit your child’s screen time to no more than two hours per day.
- Encourage your child to be active.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.